Saturday, July 28, 2007

Albert Pujols Stays Humble

Humility seems to be a rare quality in star athletes these days, but St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols has a good healthy dose of it.

“Just because I’ve got God in my heart and I’m a great baseball player, that doesn’t mean that I’m perfect. I’m just a human person just like everybody else here, and I make mistakes. Only God was perfect. He’s obviously using me by giving me this platform so I can honor Him and get to know more people and just share the gospel with those who need.”

Pujols and his wife Deidre have three children, the oldest of which has Down's Syndrome. In 2005, he established the Pujols Family Foundation, dedicated to "faith, family, others" to help support families dealing with Down's Syndrome along with impoverished families and children in his native country, the Dominican Republic.

Yes, Pujols had a brief public snit about not playing in the All-Star game, but his body of work indicates he doesn't spend much time dwelling on such things.

Click here to read more about how Albert Pujols stays grounded at Crosswalk.com.

No comments: